Using schPlot() to send a plot to a file
Frank Buergel
2005-09-20 09:19:56 UTC
Hello,

I want to plot a schematic into a file. I tried using the skill function
schPlot() with the following options:

schPlotOptions = `(nil
library "myLib"
cell "myCell"
view "schematic"
version "0.0"
multisheet nil
indexsheet nil
hierarchy nil
copy 1
outputfile "/home/myHome/myCell.ps"
plotter "default A4 (b&w)"
papersize "A4"
plotsize (278.4262 197.4427)
offset (3.0269 0.0000)
unit "mm"
orientation "Automatic"
display "display"
tmpdir "/usr/tmp"
header nil
mail nil)

This created a plot of the schematic, but the plot was sent to the printer
and not to the specified file.

Who knows what I'm doing wrong and which other options or skill
functions I should use.

Thanks a lot,
Frank
Bernd Fischer
2005-09-20 11:39:29 UTC
You missed the 'plotToFile' argument in the
template file.

plotToFile t

A good starting point is to always create a first draft
template file form the GUI.

Bernd
Frank
Frank Buergel
2005-09-20 12:14:49 UTC
Post by Bernd Fischer
You missed the 'plotToFile' argument in the
template file.
plotToFile t
Thanks for this information, this is solving my problem.
Post by Bernd Fischer
A good starting point is to always create a first draft
template file form the GUI.
Looking at the template would have helped - unfortunately I didn't have
this idea.

Instead I was searching the "Virtuoso Schematic Composer User Guide" but I
found no information about it. I also had a look at schPlotOptions list
after I plotted from the GUI - this didn't help, too.

Thanks a lot,
Frank Buergel
Bernd Fischer
2005-09-20 12:56:37 UTC
Post by Frank Buergel
Instead I was searching the "Virtuoso Schematic Composer User Guide" but I
found no information about it. I also had a look at schPlotOptions list
after I plotted from the GUI - this didn't help, too.
Yes this is true if you want to dig deeper in details the documentation
in most cases is very poor.

Bernd