help: is there any easy way to conver GDS2 to text ?
sunkey
2005-06-17 05:57:07 UTC
what i means is to conver it to the ascii format

or, to get the GDS2 structure info very easily~

in linux flatten~~ thx a lot
S. Badel
2005-06-17 08:07:09 UTC
a recent post mentionned Anuvad
http://www.softjin.com/html/anuvad.htm

it's a library for GDS2 & OASIS reading/writing, but it includes as a "sample"
a tool to convert GDS2 to ASCII- you'll have to compile it however, but it's
not a big deal-

cheers,

stéphane
in linux flatten~~ thx a lot
sunkey
2005-06-17 09:24:37 UTC
thx a lot ~~ i am trying to download ...

and ps: i once got a tool called gds2txt,

but it report me GDS format error.. anyone

know this ? thx~
Frank E. Gennari
2005-06-18 06:38:51 UTC
Post by sunkey
thx a lot ~~ i am trying to download ...
and ps: i once got a tool called gds2txt,
but it report me GDS format error.. anyone
know this ? thx~
I downloaded and compiled Anuvad and it seemed to work for me, though I
haven't tested it too much. gds2txt can be found here:
http://www.magma.ca/~psharris/gds2txt.zip

I haven't tried it though. If it gives you an error then your layout is
probably invalid. If you can send me the exact error and the GDSII layout
I might be able to help you find the problem.

Frank
j***@yahoo.com
2005-06-18 13:25:01 UTC
There are several programs to convert gds2 to text. I use
StreamVista-Plot from www.semigy.com. It is a windows gdsii viewer
that can export to text. You can download the demo version and see if
it works for you. It does not convert gdsii directly to text--it just
gives the more meaning geometry info from a gdsii file. You can choose
between a couple of different output formats.

A couple of other pograms to convert gdsii to text are at:
http://www.neander.com/GdsDump.html
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~iltseng/Downloads/

I haven't used either of these.
Frank
sunkey
2005-06-20 09:11:17 UTC
thx a lot ~~ but this is a program for Linux
or UNIX ?? it was reported error as:

***@mosix_05: /home/usr2/ 57 >GDS2TXT.EXE
GDS2TXT.EXE: GDS2TXT.EXE: cannot execute binary file
PM
2005-06-20 09:45:22 UTC
Post by sunkey
thx a lot ~~ but this is a program for Linux
GDS2TXT.EXE: GDS2TXT.EXE: cannot execute binary file
The extension .EXE is to obvious, isn't it?
But for sure you can test it:

% file GDS2TXT.EXE

PM
sunkey
2005-06-17 10:44:26 UTC
it's seems not free for download ??
S. Badel
2005-06-17 11:01:45 UTC
sure, it is. you'll only need to register.

stéphane
r***@yahoo.com
2005-06-17 14:57:00 UTC
Stéphane

I downloaded this software last month but has not played around nor
created TCL interface yet.. Would you share your experience with this
API?

thanks,
ronald
in linux flatten~~ thx a lot
S. Badel
2005-06-17 16:17:04 UTC
I'm just like you...
Thought about wrapping it for perl, on my side, but I didn't do it yet.
We're all with our good intentions but too busy, i'd say-

stéphane
in linux flatten~~ thx a lot
Jim Cantellini
2005-06-27 06:02:19 UTC
Simon, Frank, Jmailguard, PM,

Why would one wish to convert GDSII to text?
Is the purpose to VERIFY the GDSII?
If so, wouldn't a GDSII viewer be better than TEXT?

What is the intended purpose of converting GDSII to text?
k***@gmail.com
2017-11-09 17:12:05 UTC
If you can use a C/C++ compiler take a look at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gds2/